Christian Romance with Suspense
This means that the book is Christian Romance with a side of Suspense. The emphasis is on the Romance, but along the way, there’s Suspense. It means the Romance part is more than 50% of the book, and the Suspense element is not the main thing. If you take away the Suspense, the book still stands.
So far, I have written and published five of this type of blended genre books. Care for Me might be the next one. We’ll see.
- Tell You Soon (Savannah Sweethearts Book 2): JanThompson.com/tell-amazon
- Love You Always (Savannah Sweethearts Book 6): JanThompson.com/love-amazon
- Reach for Me (Vacation Sweethearts Book 2): JanThompson.com/reach-amazon
- Wait for Me (Vacation Sweethearts Book 3): JanThompson.com/wait-amazon
- Look for Me (Vacation Sweethearts Book 4): JanThompson.com/look-amazon
- Care for Me (Vacation Sweethearts Book 7) – Coming soon!
Christian Romantic Suspense
Compare that to Christian Romantic Suspense in which there should be 50% Romance and 50% Suspense. If you take away the Suspense or the Romance (either one), the book falls apart. For a Romantic Suspense story to exist, both Romance and Suspense must be equally strong. Check out my Protector Sweethearts series:
- Protector Sweethearts: JanThompson.com/protector
Christian Suspense with Romance
Contrast all of the above with Christian Suspense with Romance, which has more Suspense than Romance. That is, at least 50% of the book is Suspense. In this case, if you take away the Romance, the book still stands. Essentially, the Romance element of the book is not as strong as the Suspense. Check out my Binary Hackers series:
- Binary Hackers: JanThompson.com/binary